Not sure what do with the money left over? Why not have some fun with it?
That is after you factor in groceries and the bills that come. It is important to spend some time looking after yourself. Taking a break from study is just one of them.
- Run everywhere- the Tan is such a great place but there are others. Do check out Instagram. It is free and good for you.
- Participate in fitclubs- again this is free and if you want recovery drinks afterwards it is only $5/$6 for a tea and smoothie. This is a great way to meet people who are like minded.
- Visit the Queen Victoria Market on Tuesdays, Thursdays to Sun. Everything here is super cheap and you can buy a lot of ingredients to take home and cook such as $1 chicken wings and $10-$20 per kg of meat. You can buy a lot and have a potluck dinner at home where everyone cooks something.
- South Melbourne market has some cheap food such as the $1 oysters. Here you can indulge in a whole tray of them for lunch. Or there is the South Melbourne Dim Sims for you to try. South Melbourne Market is on the 96 tram route from the city and is open from Wednesday to Sunday.
- Your student union has free BBQ’s weekly. This is a great way to mingle with people- all for free.
- The art galleries- we enjoy them especially on opening night where there is free food for all.
- Lentils as Anything is also really good and you can pay whatever you want
- The beaches are a great place to visit during the summer. They are free and you can even do your runs there.
- Box Hill has some cheap food such as Food Republik and other food court options which are authentic. Take the train there. It is on the Lilydale and Belgrave line
Do have some fun on your limited budget